Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Recent Music Video Art June 2018

Well, I'd previously been very busy with going to UMASS Boston, but NOW I am doing a variety of film-making, animation, and photography, among other arts. My daughter is about to wrap up her Freshman year in high school.

I have a mix here of music but also video art heavy on the audio design. 

But, here's some interesting video art since last I'd posted:







Jail Blimp:


Jail Blimp is ONLY 1 min long, but its SO AWESOME! I've watched this so many times! It's surreal, whimsical, weird, and won a number of awards. I often ask people if they've seen it, and when they haven;t I always show it.

All India Radio:

Let's talk "All India Radio"!

It was my little brother that showed me their work. very creative video art in a variety of styles. I've often referenced their work for some of my own at UMASS:

Here's a new one:


Other older ones:

My PERSONAL FAVORITE:



"All India Radio" has actually SO MUCH content. Most of their work is ambient or chill-out music. But, they're highly experimental, and very artistic.

The Glitch Mob's NEW album as an entire video art FILM
"Seeing Without Eyes":


The Glitch Mob has been a favorite of mine since the GW Bush Era. They've always been pretty artists, including their live shows and their music videos. But this was incredible. They did the ENTIRE album as a music video film. It's full or psychedelic visuals and video art.


GRIMES & Janelle Monáe:


I'd posted about Canadian "GRIMES" before but she did a video art film with Janelle Monáe with a Canadian grant that was FANTASTIC!

I've also watched this video more times than I can count. Ultra experimental. They shot so much stuff that they have a remix at the end to showcase some of their B-Roll experimental footage.


Grimes had also done some work with HANA and I gotta say I LOVE HANA's work. I love her look on camera, her spirit, and her energy!

Here's the entire film:


 Björk

I'd been a fan of Kerli for a while now, and she;s a fan of  Björk, so often her work can kind of hint at some  Björk influence, but NEVER had I seen  Björk's work start looking like Kerli's until she did THIS. Not only that but her new album is ALSO named after Kerli's album Utopia from 2013:






Incidentally, Björk likes to work with video artist Andrew Thomas Huang who's work is Incredible!  



Another thing I was quite enamored with this year was some Shamanistic Fusion, including Russian & Mongolian, or even Turkick, and Neo Pagan stuff:




Heilung:






I also happened to come accross a Tribal Fusion/Gothic bellydancer who freqently puts out videos and even dances to some older tracks from the GW Bush era by "Shiva In Exile":













No comments:

Post a Comment